Downtown Cary Park Announces Initial Events and Programs
The highly anticipated Park’s first events will be held Nov. 19 and Dec. 2.
Cary, N.C. – August 23, 2023 – After more than 20 years of dreaming and inspired planning, Cary has confirmed the Downtown Cary Park Ribbon Cutting Ceremony and “A Gift to Cary” celebration will be the first two events held at the new state-of-the-art Park (327 S. Academy St.). A Nov. 19 ribbon cutting ceremony will honor Council and the individuals who have contributed to the successful development of the Park, and on Dec. 2, the Park kicks off the holiday season by celebrating this “gift to Cary” with a day of activities and events.
“Everyone has been eagerly awaiting the opening of Downtown Cary Park, and we’re so thrilled to see them experience the wonder for the first time,” said Joy Ennis, general manager of Downtown Cary Park. “The facilities and programming the Park offers will be an excellent contribution to the evolution of Downtown Cary and these first few events are just the beginning of what’s to come.”
With plans for local dignitaries to be in attendance and Cary city council members to deliver remarks, the Nov. 19 ceremony will officially commemorate this important moment in town history. Attendees can enjoy activities such as live performances, a Bandit Flight Team flyover, arts and crafts, synchronized light shows, food trucks, Park tours, and more.
During the Dec. 2 celebration, guests can see the Park transformed for the holidays with a full day of activities. Programming for attendees will include special live performances, Cary’s tree lighting ceremony, unique photo opportunities, a skating rink, Santa’s workshop, which will offer a wide range of creative activities, and more.
The Park will be open seven days a week, from 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m, and offers amenities including:
- The Great Lawn & Pavilion, which provides infrastructure to host large events or more intimate experiences: from concerts, movies, yoga classes and much more.
- The Barkyard, a place to let your pup run free and connect with other dog lovers in your community, which is adjacent to The Bark Bar, an open air pavilion that offers libations.
- Park Street Courts, the Park’s active recreation area with table tennis, volleyball, putt putt and more.
- The Nest, aspot for everyone to enjoy imaginative play with two iconic cardinal play structures and a Splash Pad for fun on hot days.
- The Skywalk, an elevated walkway that lifts you into the tree canopy 17 feet above the Park and immerses you in ‘Light Passage,’ one of the Park’s public art features.
- The Park’s Tiered Water Feature was designed to improve water quality, mitigate flooding and add to the Park’s aesthetics.
Parking is available via the accessible parking deck located behind the Cary Regional Library, in the lot on Charlie Gaddy Lane, and in the Town Hall Deck, where a trolley will transport guests to the Park. There is additional street parking available. Other transportation options will also be available for both of these events.
To learn more about Downtown Cary Park and stay up to date on the latest happenings, visit downtowncarypark.com and sign up for the Park’s monthly newsletter.
About Downtown Cary Park
More than twenty years in the making, Downtown Cary Park spans seven acres in the heart of Downtown Cary surrounded by Academy, Walker, Park and Walnut Streets. Downtown Cary Park is intentionally designed with amenities and programming that everyone can enjoy, from active recreation at Park Street Courts to the respite of the botanical gardens, food and beverage facilities like The Bark Bar and a grab-and-go market in Academy Pavilion, The Nest Play Area featuring iconic, signature cardinal play structures, and the Great Lawn Pavilion for signature performances.
About Cary, NC
Cary is a thriving community in the heart of the Triangle area of North Carolina, between Raleigh and the renowned Research Triangle Park. The Triangle area repeatedly has ranked among the top regions in the country to live or work, to find a home or start a business, to raise a family or retire.
# # #